Melbourne Star Observation Wheel Ticket
Soar to the skies on the incredible Melbourne Star, the Southern Hemisphere’s only Giant Observation Wheel. Enjoy 30 exhilarating minutes of viewing the city of Melbourne from an unbeatable vantage point, all while learning fascinating facts about the city from the audio commentary onboard.
- Make your way to one of Melbourne’s most famous attractions, the Melbourne Star and catch splendid 360-degree panoramic views of the Melbourne, Port Philip Bay, and the surrounding areas.
- Soak in the excitement as you soar up to its peak height of 120 meters, the equivalent of a 40-storeyed building and look out far beyond the horizons.
- Learn about the history of this particular Giant Observation Wheel, and how it is the only one in the Southern Hemisphere from the on-board commentary.
What To Expect
Take To The Skies
Embark upon this exhilarating experience to witness the bustling city of Melbourne from a unique standpoint. The Melbourne Star is one of the most sought-after attractions in Melbourne, and for good reason; it is the only Giant Observation Wheel in the Southern Hemisphere! A great way to enjoy the city’s panoramic view is to hop on this gigantic flyer, rise up to the highest vantage point in Melbourne, and take in the gorgeous view of the city for 30 minutes.
Watch And Learn
Enjoy the confines of a roomy cabin, and feel free to walk around to get incredible views of the city and beyond. Stunning 360-degree views of Melbourne is not the only exciting part about this experience, though. Listen in on the fascinating on-board commentary through the audio system and learn about the city that lies before you. With interesting facts about its history and a little backstory about the Melbourne Star itself, you’re sure to get insightful information about this vivacious city.
- Entry into Melbourne Star
- A 30-minute ride on Observation Wheel
Know Before You Go
May-August: Every day from 11 AM to 7 PM September-April: Every day from 11 AM to 10 PM Christmas & Anzac Day: 1 PM to 10 PM
- The last flight departs 30 minutes prior to the advertised closing time
- The main gate closes 35 minutes prior to the advertised closing time
- Please note that the Melbourne Star will be closed from 19th to 25th August 2019 for maintenance and upgradation.
- Children below the age of 11 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Food and alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited inside the Melbourne Star.
- Bags smaller than A3 size may be permitted. Suitcases and heavy items (including bags and backpacks) will not be permitted. There is a restriction on strollers, prams, large video, and photography equipment as well.
- Concession tickets can only be purchased at the location.
Reduced Price Tickets
- Infants below the age of 4 can enter for free.
- Children’s ticket (aged between 5 and 15) can be bought at a discounted rate.
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be cancelled, refunded or rescheduled.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your experience to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
Please make your way directly to the Melbourne Star (Melbourne Star Observation Wheel, The District Docklands, 101 Waterfront Way, Docklands VIC 3008) and display your mobile voucher to gain entry.
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
Board the City Circle Tram, Tram 86, or Tram 70 and get off at the District Docklands (stop D11). The Melbourne Star is walking distance from here. Docklands is part of the city’s Free Tram Zone, so you can catch any of these trams to Melbourne Star for free.
Take the train to Southern Cross Station and walk to the Harbour Esplanade, across the Bourke Street Pedestrian Bridge. Follow the Promenade to the District Docklands.
This ticket is valid for 12 months after purchase.