Chocolate Tasting in Venice
An indulgent chocolate tasting session in one of the most famous chocolate shops in Venice, specializing in hand-crafted chocolates.
- Visit a traditional Venetian Chocolaterie
- Taste a range of delicious handmade chocolates
- Make sure to sample an original Goldoni hot chocolate
- Tour the San Marco district, the oldest and most famous quarter of Venice
Your experience takes place in the heart of the San Marco square, home of the famed explorer Marco Polo, where spices, coffee and cocoa powder were traded in abundance. Carrying on this Venetian tradition, The VizioVirtù Chocolate Shop creates delicacies infused with spices and other unusual ingredients. Over the course of 40 minutes, visitors will go on a decadent journey that outlines the history of chocolate over the years, while tasting from an interesting array of handcrafted pieces.
Start with bite-sized crunchy Dragées, chocolate covers, pralines and smooth melt-in-your-mouth chocolate truffles. Move on to chocolate beans before ending your experience with a Goldoni hot chocolate, which switches milk with water according to playwright Carlo Goldoni’s original recipe from the 1750s. This popular chocolate store is a 3-minute walk from Rialto Bridge towards the principal public square of Venice. You can continue your eating trail with a visit to one of many elegant outdoor cafes, discover Venetian Art at the Museo Correr, visit the intricately designed Saint Mark's Basilica and listen to the chiming of the bells of San Marco.
- 10 pieces of chocolate per person (Dragées, 4-5 pieces of chocolate covers, 3 pieces of pralines or truffles and chocolate beans)
- Hot or cold chocolate drink, depending on the season
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Guide or assistance
- No refund will be given for no shows or late arrivals
- The tour will be provided rain or shine
- The maximum number of people per tour is 8 people
Strict Cancellation Policy
Cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly after the purchase.
- Please display the same along with a valid photo ID at the time of redemption.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10 - 15 minutes before the scheduled time to avoid any delays
- Your meeting point is at VizioVirtù Cioccolateria Chocolate Shop (Calle del Forner, 5988, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy)
- Closest ferry stops are Rialto and Rialto Mercato