JR West Kansai Rail Pass (1/2/3/4 day)
- Get unlimited rides in the Kansai region with access to major cities like Osaka, Kyoto, Shiga, Nara & more!
- Includes access to the Kansai Airport Express Haruka, Rapid and Special Rapid Services and JR-West trains
- Choose from 1-day, 2-day, 3-day or 4-day passes based on what suits your travel needs
- Skip queues to redeem your JR pass at new digital redemption machines in the Osaka Kansai International Airport
- This pass is valid for 90 days from purchase, so you can plan well in advance
- Click here for valid train routes
Why You Should Pick This Pass?
Getting around a foreign country can seem a bit daunting, especially to first-time visitors. The super reliable Japan railway system is designed to make for a hassle-free travel experience. If you’re heading to Kansai, then the JR West Kansai Pass is undoubtedly your best buddy! Home to post-card perfect cities like Kyoto and Nara, the Kansai region used to be the political and cultural center of Japan for centuries. Unravel the rich architecture and vibrant nightlife in Osaka, find peace at ancient Buddhist temples and gardens in Kyoto, savor the scrumptious Kobe beef in the harbor city of Kobe - this pass empowers you to explore the many facets of Japan like nothing else.
- 1/2/3/4 Day JR West Kansai Pass
- Skip the line to Ticket Redemption Machines
- Non-reserved seats on Kansai Airport Express Haruka
- Rapid Services
- Special Rapid Services
- Local Trains on JR-West Conventional Lines
- JR Buses
- Attraction Tickets
Children aged 6 - 12 enjoy reduced prices on their tickets.
In the next step of your booking, choose the desired duration of your pass:
- 1-Day Pass
- 2-Day Pass
- 3-Day Pass
- 4-Day Pass
Know Before You Go
Click here for valid train routes included in the JR West Kansai Pass
- The JR Pass is eligible only for non-Japanese passport holders with a Temporary Visitor Visa and a permanent residence outside of Japan for 6+ months
- Carry your passport while using a rail pass and present it to a JR staff if needed
- Non-Japanese passport holders with a permanent residence in Japan cannot use the JR Pass
- Specify a fixed date while redeeming the voucher for physical tickets
- The starting date on the rail pass and the duration cannot be changed after purchase
- Some JR trains offer reserved seating although you might have to purchase a separate express ticket to reserve the seats
- No express ticket is required for reservations on Rapid Services and local trains on JR-West Conventional Lines
These tickets cannot be canceled, amended, or rescheduled.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly after the purchase.
- Please present the voucher along with a valid passport at the redemption stations in exchange for your physical JR pass.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
- If your passport is not equipped with an IC chip, you can only redeem your JR Pass at the JR Pass ticket office
- Head to the JR Pass Ticket Office (Midori no Madoguchi) and lookout for a digital redemption machine
- You can also redeem your voucher at the ticket redemption machines at Osaka Kansai International Airport and board the JR trains directly from there
- Click here for the step-by-step redemption process using a digital redemption machine
- Your pass is valid for 90 days from the date of purchase
- After you activate the pass, it will remain valid for the select number of days chosen during redemption